Former FDA commissioner Dr. Margaret Hamburg and Her Husband Mr. Peter Brown Have Been and Other Co-Defendants Over Alleged Wrongdoings In Connection with Drug Levaquin
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Case 1:16-cv-00086 Document 1 Filed 01/18/16 Page 1 of 72
This is a cause of action alleging violations of the federal Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”).
Plaintiffs allege that they were directly and proximately injured by the intentional, willful, and negligent actions and inactions of each and every Defendant, including Dr. Margaret A. Hamburg (Hamburg) and her husband Peter Brown (Brown) and other defendants.
Plaintiffs further allege that defendants, each and every one of them, acting in concert jointly and severally, through the use of the interstate mail and wires, entered into and furthered a conspiracy to illegally and criminally influence the Commissioner of the Food & Drug Administration and the Food & Drug Administration to mislabel and misbrand a drug in order to make and sell an inherently dangerous drug by defrauding consumers such as Plaintiffs in order to acquire and reap financial gain, including but not limited to:
- 1) driving up or maintaining the price of shares of Defendant Johnson & Johnson stock;
- 2) increasing the financial holdings and value of Defendant Johnson & Johnson stock held by Defendant Renaissance Technologies, L.L.C.;
- 3) increasing Defendant Renaissance Technologies, L.L.C.’s corporate income thereby increasing financial remuneration and gain to Defendants Peter F. Brown, Robert L. Mercer, and James H. Simons by virtue of Dr. Margaret A. Hamburg’s marriage to Peter F. Brown;
- 4) increasing corporate income of the officers of Defendant Johnson & Johnson, Defendant Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C, and Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, INC.;
- 5) avoiding potential lawsuits against Defendant Johnson & Johnson, Defendant Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development, L.L.C, and Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, INC.; and
- 6) increasing the combined wealth of Defendants Dr. Margaret A. Hamburg and her husband, Defendant Peter F. Brown, by virtue of the above.
Download Complaint below
Last Updated: 2016-04-26